Securely Receive Postal Mail and Packages from the USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL
Perfect for Business or Personal use
Online PO Box Plans
Your Online PO Box is a Complete Digital Mailbox
iPostal1 PO Boxes Online Better than a USPS PO Box Address
The Difference Between a Standard Post Office PO Box and an Online PO Box From iPostal1
|What do you get? What can you do?||iPostal1 Online PO Box||USPS PO Box Address|
|Get a real street address with your own box number||Yes||No*|
|Receive packages from any carrier||Yes||No|
|Manage your mail with a smartphone app or online||Yes||No|
|See a picture of every item in your mailbox||Yes||No|
|Scan mail content upon request and real online as PDF||Yes||No|
|Forward a letter or package when, where and how you want||Yes||No|
|Consolidate packages to save on re-shipping||Yes||No|
|Add phone forwarding or voice mail messaging||Yes||No|
|Securely store documents in the cloud. 2 GB free storage.||Yes||No|
|Discard or shred unwanted items||Yes||No|
|Deposit checks by email||Yes||No|
*Not available at most USPS locations
Our Customers Love Our Online PO Box Service
Great customer service and free support via phone, email or live chat make iPostal1 stand out. Check out the reviews for iPostal1 on Google and Trustpilot. We were the first to develop virtual mailbox software, which we used exclusively at our pack & ship store for seven years, serving over 30,000 customers, before offering the software to other mail centers. We take care of our customers and demand a high level of service from our network of over 850 address locations.
I've found iPostal1 one to have worked excellently for all the services I've requested of them, the quick replays to my queries have convinced me to continue being a customer that, don't plan on looking anywhere else for my shipping and Postal mailbox needs.
We use iPostal1 in order to receive all of our business mail and to have someone sign for all of our packages. They send us notifications and a picture of the item so we know what we have received. It is very convenient and I would highly recommend for you to use their services if you need a business mailing address to send your items to. The price is also good for the services they offer.
Matt Leatherwood Jr
As an independent author, I use iPostal1 services to provide a point of contact for my readers. iPostal1 is an efficient, convenient and safe way for me to interact with my fans. Best of all, I can control and access everything straight from my smart phone. AWESOME!
Benefits of an Online PO Box with iPostal1
- Control. View and manage mail and packages from anywhere, 24/7, with a free app or go online. Forward mail and packages, open and scan mail content and discard mail, all with a tap or a click.
- Speed. Request a scan of mail content to receive a PDF right in your personal digital mailbox inbox within hours of delivery.
- Efficiency. With an online PO box, there's no need to waste time driving to see what's in your mailbox. Know what's in your box as soon as it is received.
- Security. Receive packages from any carrier, including UPS and FedEx, at a secure location.
- Market Impact. Add a local phone and fax line for a virtual office presence at one of hundreds of addresses across the U.S. and internationally.
- Cloud Storage. Store documents and letter content in the cloud for easy access any time or anywhere.
Online PO Box Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Online PO Box?
An online PO box is a virtual PO box at a mailbox store or at a shared workspace in an office building with a real physical mailing address. It uses digital mailbox technology to let you view and manage your postal mail and packages from anywhere with an app or online.
Whether you have an address near your home or business, or in another city, state or country, simply log into your online PO box to see an image of the outside of every mail item received. You can request to forward, open and scan, discard or shred, or pick up mail with a few taps or clicks.
With an iPostal1 online PO box you can view and manage your mail with an app or on your computer from anywhere. You get a real street address so you can register your business and receive packages from FedEx and UPS. A standard PO Box from the USPS does not offer these benefits.
In the following FAQ, youâ€™ll learn how easy it is to set up an account, how it works, and more answers to the question, â€śWhy get an online PO box?"
Why get an online PO box through iPostal1?
The online PO box service from iPostal1 is revolutionizing the way individuals and businesses manage their mail. iPostal1 offers over 850 mailing addresses to choose from, each a real street address at a professional pack & ship store or shared workspace in an office building, not a PO box.
That means you can use your online PO box to register your business or upgrade your company image, as well as protect your privacy. You can stay connected to your personal or business mail when you are away from your home or office. Never miss or lose important documents or have packages stolen from your front porch!
How does an online PO box work?
To open an online PO box is simple. You select a preferred mailing address from the digital mailbox provider you choose, such as iPostal1.
An iPostal1 online PO box is a physical address where you can securely receive personal or business postal mail and packages. You can also view and manage your mail from anywhere with an app or online.
iPostal1 is the principal digital mailbox service provider. All 850+ iPostal1 addresses are at retail pack & ship stores and professional office buildings. Unlike other providers, iPostal1 online PO box addresses are never USPS PO boxes.
Whether your online PO box address is nearby or in another state, you always have access to your mail. With just a click, you can request to forward any mail item to any address, open and scan mail content, discard or shred unwanted mail, or schedule a pickup. With iPostal1, you can even deposit a check by mail or add plans with local phone and fax.
How do I get an online PO box?
To get a PO box online with iPostal1 is easy. You choose a mailing address from the iPostal1 network of over 850 real street addresses to which you want to direct your mail and receive packages. These packages can be delivered through any carrier (like FedEx or UPS).
The process is pain-free and takes only a few minutes!
This is how to set up an online PO box:
- Choose a Plan. iPostal1 offers digital mailbox plans based on how much mail you expect to receive a month. Virtual Office plans add a local or toll-free phone and fax number.
- Choose an Address. Select from over 850 addresses in the U.S. and other countries. Set up a PO Box address in multiple locations to create a broader market presence. You can select an address near your home or office and pick up mail when you want. You can also choose an address in another city, state or country for your business address. Another option is selecting a location you live in or travel to during the year. You may also want to file a change of address form with your local post office so that all your first-class mail is forwarded to your online PO box address. Alternatively, you can provide your address directly to specific senders.
- Checkout. At checkout, provide your personal information plus credit card or PayPal account.
- File Form 1583. After signing up, you will be assigned a personal mailbox number and receive instructions on how to upload a simple, one-page form (Form 1583) required by the USPS that authorizes your mailing address location to receive mail on your behalf. Youâ€™ll also submit two forms of ID. iPostal1 makes this process easy.
What is form 1583? Why is it necessary?
Form 1583 provides basic information to verify the identity of the online PO box renter and to authorize the Commercial Mail Receiving Agency (CMRA) to receive and handle mail on behalf of the online postal box renter. The United States Postal Service requires that Form 1583 be filed with the CMRA, which delivers it to the local post office and keeps a copy on file.
Form 1583 must be properly signed by the online PO box renter and notarized by a notary public, justice of the peace, bank officer, or lawyer unless signed onsite at your mail address location. Only after the CMRA has a properly completed Form 1583 with two valid forms of ID, will you be able to access and request tasks for your mail.
How much is a PO box online?
Monthly fees for an iPostal1 online PO box start at just $9.99, which includes 30 pieces of mail. If you expect to receive more mail than that, you can choose from plans with up to 240 mail items included per month.
You pay separately every time you request mail to be forwarded or opened and scanned. iPostal1 is the only company that offers a plan with phone and fax included; pricing starts at $39.99 per month.
What is the difference between a PO Box & physical street address?
An individual or business wishing to receive mail at a remote address used to need a PO Box at a local post office. In recent years, however, mail centers have opened across the world that give a customer a real physical street address that is much more flexible than a standard PO Box.
Let's compare PO Box vs. street address:
- USPS PO Boxes cannot receive packages delivered by UPS, FedEx or other non-USPS parcel carriers, because they have no physical street address.
- Businesses cannot be registered using USPS PO Boxes as their addresses; only physical street addresses are valid.
- PO Box addresses don't look nearly as professional as real physical street addresses.
An online PO Box from iPostal1 is not like a USPS PO Box. It's a real street address at a professional pack & ship store or executive business center in a prestigious office building.
How do I redirect my mail?
Once you get your online PO box, how do you redirect your mail so that it is delivered to your new PO box address?
The answer depends on how you want to use your new address. Your options are to provide your new address to those who send you mail and/or to provide a change of address through your local U.S. post office.
- If you want to use your online PO box for a specific type of mail only, e.g. for business, then you should communicate your new address to your business contacts and let other mail continue to go to your current address.
- If you want all your mail to go to your PO Box, then you should file a Change of Address form with the USPS. You can do this in person at your local post office or file online using a simple form on the USPS website.
- If using your online PO Box for a temporary period, file a Temporary Change of Address form. It is good for 6 months and can be renewed for another 6 months. Maximum use is for 12 months.
- If your PO Box is meant to be permanent, then file a Permanent Change of Address form, with different selections whether Individual, Family, or Business. If for business delivery, a form for business must be filed. When making a permanent address change, you must also inform all your contacts about your new address, as mail will be forwarded for up to 18 months.
- The USPS will forward First Class mail free of charge, and magazines for 60 days free of charge. Other forms of mail such as advertising or certain types of bulk mailings may be returned to sender. Please note that if you file a Permanent Change of Address form, your online PO box address cannot redirect your mail through the USPS at no charge, should you move to a new address. Your PO Box location will forward your mail for up to 6 months, but you may have to pay for postage.
How do I write a PO Box address?
Writing a PO Box address is simple, but you do need to use the right format.
PO Box 123
City, State Zip Code
It is best to use the zip code + 4 if you have it. You can also use an expanded format, putting company name under the addressee's name. As mentioned above, a PO Box address is not a real street address.
For a private mailbox at a mailbox store or an executive business center, there are several options, but all include the street address.
123 Main Street #5678
City, State Zip Code
Similarly, you may show both the company name and addressee's name, if both are included in the Form 1583 filing.
A real street address is so much better than a PO Box. You can:
- Register your business, apply for a loan, and market your company.
- Choose a prestigious address at a professional office building and upgrade your company image.
- Receive packages from any carrier, including FedEx and UPS.
How much mail can I receive at my online PO box?
Your online PO box can receive any amount of mail, but you should choose a mailbox plan based on how much mail you typically expect to receive per month. Plans begin at $9.99/month for up to 30 pieces of mail and go up to $39.99/month for up to 240 pieces of mail. Any overage is $.35 per piece.
How old do you need to be to rent a PO Box online?
The minimum age to rent a PO Box is 18, but parents can add family members under 18 years of age.
What do I need to sign up for an online PO box?
You need to provide your address and credit card or PayPal account information to sign up for an online PO box. If your iPostal1 address is in the U.S., in order to receive mail, you will also need to file the USPS Form 1583 along with two forms of ID (one must be a photo ID). iPostal1 makes it easy to upload these documents directly to your mail center.
Can I use an online PO box for my business address?
You can start enjoying the benefits of an iPostal1 online PO box today. You will:
- Choose your digital mailbox location from one of our 850+ secure locations in the U.S. or abroad. Mailing addresses at our professional shipping stores and at workspaces in impressive office buildings are all real street addresses, not PO boxes, so youâ€™ll be able to receive deliveries from all carriers.
- Select one of our mailbox plans starting as low as $9.99 per month. Plans are simple and consistent across all locations, so itâ€™s easy to choose a plan based on the quantity of mail you receive and whether you want to include a local phone and fax.
- Provide your personal and payment information and check out.
- Be assigned a personal mailbox number and be instructed on how to upload a simple, one-page form required by the USPS that authorizes your mailing address location to receive mail on your behalf.
- View and manage your mail and packages with our free app or by going online.
Our Customer Service team in New York is ready to answer any questions you might still have and to provide support once you have become a customer.
Sign up for your real street address PO Box with iPostal1!
List your Shipping Store, Workspace or Mail Center address on iPostal1Contact us