- United States Postal Service
Perfect for Business or Personal use
- Solo professionals, entrepreneurs, and the self employed
- Small - Medium size businesses and startups
- Companies looking to establish presence in other cities
- Individuals and families
- Travelers and vacationers
- Expats and students
iPostal1 PO Box Online Better than a USPS PO Box Address
|What do you get? What can you do?||iPostal1 Virtual PO Box||USPS PO Box Address|
|Get a real street address with your own box number||Yes||No*|
|Receive packages from any carrier||Yes||No|
|Manage your mail with a smartphone app or online||Yes||No|
|See a picture of every item in your mailbox||Yes||No|
|Scan mail content upon request and real online as PDF||Yes||No|
|Forward a letter or package when, where and how you want||Yes||No|
|Consolidate packages to save on re-shipping||Yes||No|
|Add phone forwarding or voice mail messaging||Yes||No|
|Securely store documents in the cloud. 2 GB free storage.||Yes||No|
|Discard or shred unwanted items||Yes||No|
|Deposit checks by email||Yes||No|
*Not available at most USPS locations
Choose from 3 Virtual PO Box Plans
The Difference Between a PO Box & Physical Street AddressAn individual or business wishing to receive mail at a remote address used to need a PO Box at a local post office. In recent years, however, mail centers have opened across the world that give a customer a real physical street address that is much more flexible than a traditional PO Box.
Letâ€™s compare PO Box vs. street address:
- USPS PO Boxes cannot receive packages delivered by UPS, FedEx or other non-USPS parcel carriers, because they have no physical street address.
- Businesses cannot be registered using USPS PO Boxes as their addresses; only physical street addresses are valid.
- PO Box addresses donâ€™t look nearly as professional as real physical street addresses.
Benefits of an Online PO Box with iPostal1
- Control. View and manage mail and packages from anywhere, 24/7, with a free app or go online. Forward, open & scan, discard mail with a tap or a click.
- Speed. Request a scan of mail content to receive a PDF right in your personal digital mailbox inbox within hours of delivery.
- Efficiency. With an Online PO Box, thereâ€™s no need to waste time driving to see whatâ€™s in your mailbox. Know whatâ€™s in your box as soon as it is received.
- Security. Receive packages from any carrier, including UPS and FedEx, at a secure location.
- Market Impact. Add a local phone and fax line for a virtual office presence at one of hundreds of addresses across the U.S. and internationally.
- Cloud Storage. Store documents and letter content in the cloud for easy access any time or anywhere.
How to Get a PO Box OnlineSetting up an Online PO Box with iPostal1 is easy. You can choose one or many addresses in different locations. It only takes a few minutes to have your own PO box address.
This is how to set up a PO box:
- Choose a Plan. iPostal1 offers Digital Mailbox plans based on how much mail you expect to receive a month. Virtual Office plans add a local or toll-free phone and fax number.
- Choose an Address. Select from close to 500 addresses in the U.S. and other countries. Set up an Online PO Box address in multiple locations to create a broader market presence.
- Checkout. At checkout, provide your personal information plus credit card or PayPal account.
- File Form 1583. After receiving your address, upload Form 1583, required by the USPS, along with two forms of ID, to receive and manage your mail. iPostal1 makes this process easy.
How to Redirect your MailOnce you get your Online PO Box, how do you redirect your mail so that it is delivered to your new PO box online address?
The answer depends on how you want to use your new address. Your options are to provide your new address to those who send you mail and/or to provide a change of address through your local U.S. post office.
- If you want to use your Online PO Box for a specific type of mail only, e.g. for business, then you should communicate your new address to your business contacts and let other mail continue to go to your current address.
- If you want all your mail to go to your Online PO Box, then you should file a Change of Address form with the USPS. You can do this in person at your local post office or file online using a simple form on the USPS website.
- If using your Online PO Box for a temporary period, file a Temporary Change of Address form. It is good for 6 months and can be renewed for another 6 months. Maximum use is for 12 months.
- If your Online PO Box is meant to be permanent, then file a Permanent Change of Address form, with different selections whether Individual, Family, or Business. If for business delivery, a form for business must be filed. When making a permanent address change, you must also inform all your contacts about your new address, as mail will be forwarded for up to 18 months.
- The USPS will forward First Class mail free of charge, and magazines for 60 days free of charge. Other forms of mail such as advertising or certain types of bulk mailings may be returned to sender. Please note that if you file a Permanent Change of Address form, your Online PO Box address cannot redirect your mail through the USPS at no charge, should you move to a new address. Your Online PO Box location will forward your mail for up to 6 months, but you may have to pay for postage.
How to Write a PO Box AddressWriting a PO Box address is simple, but you do need to use the right format.
PO Box 123
City, State Zip Code
For a private mailbox at a pack & ship store or an executive business center, there are several options, but all include the street address.
123 Main Street #5678
City, State Zip Code
A real street address is so much better than a PO Box. You can:
- Register your business, apply for a loan, and market your company.
- Choose a prestigious address at a professional office building and upgrade your company image.
- Receive packages from any carrier, including FedEx and UPS.
Choose from 3 Virtual PO Box Plans
List your Shipping Store, Workspace or Mail Center address on iPostal1Contact us